Thursday 13 October 2011

Suggestion Of Lose Weight

                                                                    Amanda Blennerhassett

Percentage of body weight lost 49%
Words of Wisdom
Lifestyle Balance! What I prioritise around all areas in my life, what goes into our bodies has to be in proportion to the energy we are expending. I am now making sure I make time for myself on a regular basis. I had to make sure I made time to improve my health. I will not being going back to the way that I was.



                                         Your Journey
                             I changed my lifestyle in the following ways:


Food
Exercise
Behaviour
Here's what I did:


From my teenage years I stopped eating breakfast, ate small lunches and then I would end up eating large meals late in the evening, as I hadn't eaten much during the day. I developed bad habits of not making time to prioritise my own health over other things - no time to actually have a break and maybe take a walk at lunchtime. WW helped educate me to make far better choices, in what and when I was eating and initially my leader just kept encouraging to move more when excercising was too hard.


Weight loss isn't just about me, it also impacted the people around me.




I have been told by many of my coleagues, friends and family members that I have inspired them to improve their own choices around nutrition and exercise. Several of my friends have told me that I have inspired them to start their own weight lose journey. My friends and family have all been so supportive through my two and a half year journey.


Your Achievements
Motivation kept me going!


My WW Leader, Shana, encouraged me to set non-food rewards, as I gained my interim goals. A facial or manicure was a good reward for the samller goals but when I reached my big milestones 40, 50, 60 and then & 70 kgs I moved on to some bigger rewards, like a bottle of my favourite French perfume. This helped keep me on track and focused towards the end goal. Shana has also been really been a great support and kept encouraging me.


There are things I can do now that I could never do before


I walk 10,000- 15,000 steps a day, the first day I wore my pedometer I only did 1200 steps, 600 of which were me walking from my car in the carpark to my desk at work and back again! I can keep up with my neice and nephews now! Go walking with friends. I have a much more active outdoor lifestyle now. I am now off blood pressure medication totally after having been on it for 25+ years, this is great.


Losing weight is not always a serious business


I gave myself a bit of a fright one day when I thought that I had a developed an unexpected lump, only to find that it was a rib, that I hadn't seen in over twenty years! This made me laugh out loud at the time.
                                         NOW I AM VERY HAPPY 






No comments:

Post a Comment